Aotearoa
Well time has definitely flown by this year and it has taken me 4 months to actually put together this post. Mid March I flew home for 7 weeks. This was an ideal time to get away from the tail end of a horrid London winter and get some r n r back home. More importantly I got to spend time with my whanau, hang out with my super cool niece Sha and spend time with my dad on his 70th birthday. Also throw in 2 weddings, a roadie up to the Mount (which included a cool birthday cake) and my first trip abroad with my parents in over 16 years! I can't believe how quickly the weeks flew by.
SHA & NINA
TaleiSHA and I got to hang out everyday. Walks round Seatoun, visits to the park, hanging at Monro Street and going to the zoo. Fun times all round.
Dad's 70th
A year ago my dad told all his kids that his only birthday wish for 2010 was that all of us had to be home to celebrate his 70th. There was never any doubt that I would not be there.
For his actual birthday we all went out for a family dinner to his favourite local restaurant in Miramar - Polo. A lovely evening with amazing food and for dessert mum's famous passion fruit sponge. It is already a fav of Sha's too (check out the piccie).
As for a family party Dad kept changing his mind. But with a week before his birthday he finally decided to have the family round for afternoon tea - including his Dayal bbq/tandoori. The tent was hired and the meat was marinating. It was a lovely afternoon/evening filled with whanau, friends, kai, booze, stories and lots of love. It was great seeing dad for once being the centre of attention (something he avoids at great lengths) and having the party he wanted. The speeches said it all and hearing more of the Dayal boys stories topped off a fabulous day.
Thas & Mike's Wedding
I was lucky enough to be back home for Despina and Mike's wedding. It was a lovely day with the sun shining with a nice intimate ceremony and reception. It was great to see some old and new faces.
Lashes & Vinod's Wedding
Wow - this was one fun family wedding. Every went smoothly and there were no dramas. I loved Goob's touches - being in Bhulafadia, the cupcakes, the lollies, the con wedding shoes and all the love. It was great to share in their wedding day, build up, and after party).Melbourne, Australia
Dad, mum and I ventured to Melbourne in our first overseas trip in 16 years (did I mention it took me 6 months of calling every week and hassling him before I wore him down and he gave in!). Off we went to Jay bird, Ajit, Roops and Nils. Dad was in his element. Heat, fruit and massive fresh prawns! We were well looked after and fed and had fun. Now I just have to work on dad to going to India soon for our next trip. I have a feeling it might take a lot longer to convince him.
The Big T
When 84 Rakau Road mentioned a road trip up to see Millie and Brett in Tauranga there was no doubt that I would be in the car. After being so sure I had never been to Tauranga I had to apologise to Dave that in fact we had been there (only 3 years prior - I swear the memory is going in my old age). It was great having another roadie with Trent, Ames & Dave to catch up with Brett and Millie. I even managed to hop onto a surf board for the first time and go on my first helicopter ride. Wicked!
Big Loves.

Fun times
BEST GIFT OF ALL
Those that know my mum would know she is a pretty talented individual. From her baking, to gardening to her sewing skills. Her new hobby for the last few years has been her quilt making and her gift to me was this wonderful kiwi postcard quilt. AMAZING! It has a permanent place on my bed in L Town.



.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment