Go on....I know you want to read them!

22 September 2007

Oktoberfest

It all started with a well deserved day off work (7 hour days are hard work). I ventured out to Heathrow for my flight to Munich and started my adventures with a mid morning German Bier at thousands of feet in the air.

With everyone having left a few hours earlier when I arrived in Munich I made my way to the hostel only to detour to where the gang was in town to start the festival of drinking BIER. And that people carved the way for the rest of the weekend.

Friday involved visiting the Lowenbrau brewery in Munich where we stayed for most of the arvo/night - well until certain members of the group were informed they would not be served any more steins (1 litre bier). We then ventured back to our hostel via the chemist to pick up some essentials and where Fiona 'aquired' metres and metres of colourful ribbon. Back at the hostel we ate some dinner and had a fairly early night due to our early start in the morning.

The Plan: everyone down stairs in the hostel foyer at 8am sharp. We will not be waiting for anyone who is late (as the group was split in 2 rooms).

Well - guess which room slept in because we forgot to change to Munich time - duh! So the other room left and we had to rush to get ready - lucky they called us. Not bad an effort I must say as we were down lining up at the Lowenbrau tent by 8:45am (it helped our hostel was only 400 m away) and very close to the front.

So…the tent doors opened at 10am (and I mean ALL the doors) and there was a massive surge of people trying to clamper into the doors. I just about got trambled on if it wasn't for the others helping. So we were in the door pretty quickly only to find that there were no tables left! Within 2 mins all tables were full - that's over 2000 seats! Crazy… we were walking around feeling pretty bummed by it all until one of the Aussies decided to try and kick these 2 people off a table as you need 10 to fill a table. Then a saviour came to our rescue - your waitress and booted them to the curb and just like magic we had a table. Woo hoo............



All we had to do was keep ourselves occupied for 2 hours until the first bier is allowed to be poured (whilst fending off all the vultures trying to steal our table). Time dragged by and finally the festival was opened. An hour later we were served our first steins. It was like heaven.......pure liquid gold.....ahhhhhhh


And just like that the games began. It consisted for numerous amounts of bier, PROST, toilet stops, pretzels, meat and creamy mushrooms for veges, PROST, singing, PROST, dancing on tables, PROST,bier soaked clothes (not by choice), PROST, stolen bags, 60 year old German men confessing their love and buying me a rose, PROST, and good times.



I was planning on writing more but I wrote this a week ago and still haven't posted it yet....i still have to write my Poland entry now....

No comments: